My Angels

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Pictures of Lucas

Picture of Giselle gal

Photos by JJ photography

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Daddy's Thoughts

Recently, Daddy Stuart & Mummy Doris attended a relative's funeral. During those sombre moments, Daddy's mind thought about lots of things related to life and death :

a. CHERISH THE TIME - That we should cherish the time we have with our parents while we can. Remember when we were young as kids, we would always clamour for food and toys when we go out with our parents? Our parents would willingly buy them just to make us happy. So now we should repay them. Try recalling your parent's favourite food and buy it for them. I bet this will bring a smile on their face.

b. SHARING OF KNOWLEDGE - That we should make use of everyday activities to show and teach our kids about morals, knowledge and ehtical values. Remember when we would ask 1001 questions as kids because we are just so curious? Even for something as mundane and/or taboo topic such as funeral can be used as a lesson. i.e. we can tell our children that in future PaPa/MaMa will also be pass away and leave them. Therefore it is important to do the things you want to achieve so that you will have no regrets when you die.

c. BE A ROLE MODEL - I remember once as a kid I had to attend a funeral because the deceased is a a relative of my God-mother. It was a funny situation and I was an unwilling soul and argued with my mum over it. Now, in retrospect, I realised that by insisting that I performing such a duty, and by making sure I buy something for my God-mother every Mother's Day, my mum actually imbued into me values on how to be a dutiful and filial person. Same thing, as parents we should be a good role model because our children are constantly looking up to us. We should try to explain to our kids the reasons behind the things we do so that they will understand. Maybe not when they are still young but I'm sure someday somehow they will.

No comments: